POST CONFERENCE FIELD TRIP IUFRO 2017
PRIVATE FOREST PLANTATION
Tour package 2 days-1 night
Only available for maximum 50 participants and minimum 20 participant
Day 1: Trip to Pekanbaru
- Shuttle bus to airport will be available at the conference venue at 8 am.
- Direct flight to Pekanbaru Riau from Yogyakarta (approx. 1.50 hrs).
- Arrival in Pekanbaru airport (approx. 12.30pm).
- Travel to Pangkalan Kerinci (~1.5-2 hrs) to visit RAPP-RGE Technology Center, lunch boxes will be provided at the bus.
- Check in to Unigraha Hotel in Pangkalan Kerinci. A welcome dinner will be arranged at this hotel.
Day 2: Field visit (RAPP‘s Acacia mangium plantation trials with two different objectives)
- Participants will leave the hotel after breakfast and head to beaches. Participants will be divided into 2 groups.
- Breakfast will be available at hotel from 5 am, participants urged to have early breakfast
- Hotel check out
- Participant will leave hotel at 7 am to travel to Baserah (approx 4 hrs).
- Visit the trial for identifying the level of Ceratocystis natural infection in some A. mangium materials” (compartments J060 and I027) in Baserah.
- Lunchboxes will be provided at the field site
- Travel to Tesso and visit the trial for identifying the effect of singling on A. mangium survival (compartment F006).
- Travel back to Pekanbaru in the afternoon (approx. 2 hrs)
- Check in to Grand Jatra Hotel in Pekanbaru, followed by dinner at the hotel.
- The fieldtrip will be directed to visit ARARA-SMF’s plantation sites and the R&D facilities if visiting RAPP sites is unfeasible under exceptional circumstances.
|Package Include :||Package Exclude :|
Cost of tour package :
Single room = USD. 510/pax
Shared room = USD. 475/pax
FIELD TRIP TO RIAU
Riau is a province that located in central eastern coast of Sumatra island, one of the five largest islands in Indonesia. Its capital city and its largest city is Pekanbaru. Riau is rich in natural resources such as minerals, gas, oil palm and forest tree plantations. It is a home of forest plantations own by large pulp & paper companies. The two days two nights (2d2n) field trip to Riau is designed to visit the forest plantation trials managed by large pulp & paper companies in Indonesia i.e. APRIL group –Royal Golden Eagle (RGE) or Asia Pulp and Paper (APP)-Sinar Mas Forestry (SMF) and also to visit the company’s R&D centre.
The tentative of field trip program are started by traveling to Pekanbaru Riau from Yogyakarta then head to Pangkalan Kerinci (appox. 1.5-2 hrs from Pekanbaru) to visit APRIL-RGE Technology Center and stay one night in this city. Participants will be accomodated in Unigraha hotel owned and managed by APRIL group. Pangkalan Kerinci is a district (Kecamatan) and a capital of Pelalawan Regency. It was a small village where the founder of APRIL group started the first logging mill and constructed river port. Its population is growing and become a huge populated town in Riau.
On the second day 2, the participants will leave Pangkalan Kerinci early in the morning to travel to Baserah that take approx. 4 hours to visit plantation trials for identifying the level of Ceratocystis natural infection in some A. mangium materials (compartments J060 and I027). Participants then will head to Tesso (approx. 2 hrs from Baserah) to visit the 2nd trial for identifying the effect of singling on A. mangium survival (compartment F006). Participants will travel back to Pekanbaru in the afternoon and will be arranged to check in to Grand Jatra Hotel in Pekanbaru. The fieldtrip will be ended by dinner at the hotel. The fieldtrip will be directed to visit APP-SMF’s plantation sites and the R&D facilities if visiting APRIL-RGE sites is unfeasible under exceptional circumstances.
What to bring
The part of the field trip will be spent walking over rough or wet ground, therefore please wear walking boots and bring waterproofs in case of wet conditions. Sun cream and mosquito repellent are also recommended, a sun hat will be provided.
Cost paid to the organizer will cover one way airfare from Yogyakarta to Pekanbaru, 1 night accommodation in Pangkalan Kerinci and 1 night in Pekanbaru in single or shared room, four times meals and 2 times snacks, breaksfast will be available at the hotel), and local transportation from airport to field site in Pangkalan Kerinci and back to Hotel in Pekanbaru. Cost fieldtrip with a single room accommodation will be 510 USD and cost with shared room (2 persons/room) will be 470 USD.
Tourist attraction nearby Pekanbaru
Participant who willing to stay longer in Riau can explore interesting tourist spot, such as:
1. Siak Palace in Siak (approx. 3 hrs from Pekanbaru).
2. Surfing in Bono, unique river wave, located in Teluk Meranti Kampar (approx. 4 hrs from Pekanbaru)
3. Candi Muara Takus, a Buddism temple located in Kampar (approx. 3 hrs from Pekanbaru)
Participants who need to stay longer in Grand Jatra Pekanbaru will be responsible for their own additional room’s fee (special rates will be arranged by organizer). Airport dropping will be available at the hotel, at the participant’s responsibility (cost approx. 10 USD per car). Half day city tour can be arranged with the hotel at rate between 50-100 USD per person.